There are 108 Starbearers in Suikoden Tierkreis just as there are 108 Stars of Destiny in the other Suikoden‘s. There are some things to be aware of with many of the optional recruits, so if you want all 108 and the best ending, pay attention and make sure you don’t miss out on anyone.
The 108 Starbearers will be listed as they are available in the game.
1. Hero – Automatic recruit.
2. Marica – Automatic recruit. Joins at Citro Village
3. Jale – Automatic recruit. Joins at Citro Village
4. Liu – Automatic recruit. Joins at Citro Village
5. Hotupa – Automatic recruit. Wanderer who joins at Forest Ruins
6. Moana – Automatic recruit. Wanderer who joins at Forest Ruins
7. Logan – Automatic recruit at Grayridge.
8. Erin – Automatic recruit, Logan’s daughter who acts as spy under Macoute.
9. Mubal – Joins Company upon entering the Magedom and stays to learn about the power of Chronicles.
10. Zahra – Doctor found at the Magedom who joins to treat Cougar.
11 Eunice – Nurse for Zahra, who also joins your company after treating Cougar.
12. Wahie – Joins after you get Cougar. Hotupa will attempt to send Cougar to his own world, but he is unable to go. Wahie comes out and tells you some Gateway advice, and joins after this. You can go to him to do your Nintendo Wi-Fi stuff.
13. Sisuca – With 10 characters recruited, head out via the front exit of your HQ and Sisuca will show up. She’ll say ‘wow, you have 10 characters’ and head out. Later, return to Citro Village and go to the Elder’s House. Have her get ready to go to your HQ, and she will join you there.
14. Anya – After returning from the Magedom of Janam, put Erin in your party and go to Grayridge. Check out the mine and go northeast to see Anya. With Erin in your party, you can recruit Anya. Note that earlier as you leave Grayridge you can get extra dialogue with Anya if you have Erin in your party, but it is not required for Anya’s recruitment.
15. Selen – Selen is Jale‘s mom. During the ‘blooming ’ season, Selen will show up if you enter the Forest Ruins HQ from the front entrance. The first time Selen shows up, you are likely level 16 or so and Selen will not even bother to battle you. Selen seems to show up every other blooming season, and the next time you meet her you should be about level 20 or 21 with Jale. With some luck, you can take her down. But if she knocks you down with her Shrike move, you’re in trouble. Even still you’ll be burning through Mega Medicines trying to survive. Two-Way Strike obviously will do the bulk of the damage but it requires Jale to be almost full HP to survive the turn. Hope that Selen wastes turns blocking. If you still have trouble with her, return to fight her after the Coastal Cave – if you bring Jale along for that he will be about level 25, making the battle much easier. Once you beat Selen, she
joins your army.
Recruitment note : After returning from the Magedom of Janam, visit Grayridge Ch Hall to get a scene with Luvais warning you. This is an important event for a recruit later on.
16. Tongatihi – Once you return from the Magedom and have access to the Corridor area, head there and travel east to a new screen. Once you see a young wanderer, talk to him and his name is Tongatihi. Return to Moana and sign up for Window Information. It is a request from Tongatihi and you can send whoever, because it is bound to fail. After reporting on this quest, a new quest should open up called Windows Beyond the Gateway – this too will be a failure so don’t worry. After reporting on Windows Beyond the Gateway just go
to the Corridor and talk to Tongatihi. Ask him to make Windows for you, and Tongatihi will decide to join. Talk to him in the castle to change the color scheme of your Windows.
17. Gadburg – Blacksmith for the Blades of Night’s Veil. Chrodechild decides to station Gadburg at Hero’s Forest Ruins HQ so the Mage Lord can’t steal his services. Gadburg can use the Spark command (appears below ‘run’ in the main battle command menu). Spark instantly kills enemies lower in level than you but you don’t gain items after battle that you otherwise would have. Gadburg also sells you some nice weapons / armor, and gets more options as you trade more goods throughout the game.
18. Muro – After you go through Giney Valley and Tehah Village, return back to your HQ. There should be a new request, Demon Hunting in Gineh. Go to Giney Valley, specifically the west end. Because in this west-most area, just go straight south and west when you can. You should see some Wanderers running out. Enter the southwest area by the waterfall to see Muro, an Auster Folk. If you don’t see him, exit the area, run back east, and then you should see the scene with the Wanderers running (and Muro should have appeared in the southwest waterfall area of Giney Valley). Muro is a useful recruit because he allows you to get Gorno earlier in the game.
19. Luvais – Luvais was mentioned a bit above, but you can recruit him after visiting Tehah Village for the first time. As stated above, you will see Luvais at Fort Arc, Mislato River, and then an optional scene at Grayridge CH Hall. Many people miss Luvais here. If you have met him there, Luvais will then show up after you finish checking out Tehah Village for the first time. Return to your HQ and Luvais should show up as you enter from the front. Luvais tells you the Order is on there way. You will have to repel a weak effort from some Cynas Conscripts and the Captain. After this, Luvais will join your army. *Edit – After playing through again, it seems you need to visit Luvais once more at Grayridge CH Hall. He will stop you there and tell you to be careful and that he’ll watch the Order. Then, once you return to your HQ, he alerts you of their attack and their strategy. He is recruited afterwards (this was after the HQ upgrades, mind you..)
20. Nimni – Joins you initially as you enter the Coastal Cave to retrieve the Porpos-kin beads. After you return, Nimni joins with Niera as the main rep of the Porpos-kin at your HQ.
21. Neira - Priestess Neira joins after you find the Bds of Priestss. She takes a while to come to your HQ but is a very worthwhile member as a magician in battle.
22. Nemne – Pink Porpos-kin who joins with Nimni.
23. Nomno – Dark skinned, sleepy-head Porpos who also joins with Nimni.
Note that Nomno does not officially join until after the Blades join and HQ expands. Nomno will be tired from the battle and sleeping in the west area of 1F. Check Nomno out, then go to the third floor west side room to find the Porpos-kin, and chat with Nemne. She says Nomno is just exhausted. Also in Nomno’s sleeping area is the cook Wustum (who we will have recruited by this point). Talk to Wustum and a scene happens with Nomno – he just needed some food. Nomno is then officially recruited.
24. Wustum - Upon returning from the Coastal Cave / Naineneis storyline sequence, check out Tehah Village Inn during Sprout season. It is said this dialogue can be accessed even outside of Sprout season – but anyway, talk to the Innkeeper (far left behind the counter) and you will have an opportunity to test some soup.
Assuming your leader quests are clear, head back to HQ and sign up for Find the Chef from Shairah. Asad cannot be in your party, if you are doing this later. Go to El-Qaral Imperial Plaza to talk to Asad. After this conversation, head back to Tehah Village and talk to that Innkeeper. She says Wustum went to the mountain. Sure enough, go towards the peak of the Ch’olui Mountains to see some Janam mages encounter Wustum. Wustum beats them down with his bare fists. You will end up ‘failing’ the quest, but this is good since it means you recruit Wustum.
Wustum can be missed if you do not recruit him by the time the desert is here.
25. Semias – You meet this gambler at the Grayridge Mine, where he makes a bet that he will see you again some time. After you finish the ‘Make Allies of the Porpos’ request, you can go to Naineneis and find Semias. He is the peculiar looking red-clad guy as you enter the Inn. He says he’s going off to make the biggest bet he has ever made. Return to your HQ, and go west of Erin and Logan on 1F and you will see Semias. Talk to him to recruit him.
- WHEN HQ UPGRADES
Recruitment note : Now that HQ is upgraded and Neira is at your HQ, Namna will visit Neira on the third floor west room every bud season. Absolutely make sure to stop by and talk to Namna, because Namna will leave but you still need this dialogue to recruit Namna a bit later. Namna is often missed so do not forget.
26. Chrodechild – After serving the Magedom, joins automatically.
27. Meruvis – Another Blade of Knight’s Veil who joins with Chrodechild.
28. Roberto – Blade of Knight’s Veil who joins with Chrodechild.
29. Manaril - Automatically recruited after saving her at the Arcane Academy. Bring Manaril to the 2nd floor Chronicle room and Mubal officially joins also.
30. Asad - After serving the Magedom, Asad joins your company automatically.
31. Zenoa – Once our HQ expands, leave and enter and go to the basement floor (easier to reach from the back entrance). Zenoa is down here and joins with the Tablet of the Starbearers.
32. Yadima – As HQ expands, check out the western exterior. Past the dock where Anya is, you will find Yadima and his fields. One pre-requisite to seeing Yadima here is to visit him at his hamlet southeast of Citro Village, on the plains. If you talked to him there, you will find him at the fields at HQ. After talking to Yadima, go to Moana and sign up for Plowin’ The Field. Send your strongest characters with the highest attack, like Jale, Selen, Muro, Asad, etc. After you succeed you will want to go talk to Yadima and you will then recruit him.
33. Rekareka – The mother wanderer who you see at Naineneis as you initially enter. After you make allies of the Porpos-kin, return to Naineneis Trade Shop to see that pair again. The mother is Rekareka and the son Tuhululu. If you have done this you will see a Make My Son a Man request after the HQ expands. Sign up for the request, and go towards the ‘Inn’ type area on floor 1 of the HQ – just west past Semias. Anya normally would be found on the right side of this room, but now you see Tuhululu and Rekareka. Rekareka informs you on the
quest she put up. So, go report on that quest now that you have the information and another quest should show up – I Need Laggart Pelts. Not sure who to send but I figured Hotupa is a good start. Once you succeed at I Need Laggart Pelts, you can report for 30000 potch, Rainbow Thread, Rainbow Cloth and Silk Cloth. Also, Tuhululu and Rekareka will officially join your company after this.
34. Tuhululu – See Rekareka above.
35. Geschutz – Optional, missable recruit from Ritterschild. The first request from him is after you do the 2nd Empress Consort’s mission and have checked out the Arcane Academy. Geschutz and his friends pose as ‘students’ from Ritterschild, but really want to get their hands on a Chronicle. After this first meeting, you don’t hear back from them until after your HQ expands and Asad, Chrodechild, etc join your Company. A new ‘Special Proposal’ appears from Geschutz, so accept and go meet him again at Mislato River. Geschutz has been instructed to join your company in the fight against the Order.
36. Buchse – Recruited with Geschutz.
37. Minen – Recruited with Geschutz.
38. Sotah – Wise sage of Tehah Village. If you speak to him as you enter and check out his Encyclopedia three or four times, you can ask him to join but he won’t join your company quite yet. Come back after your HQ has expanded and ask Sotah to join and he will. He adds to your EXP gained if a support member and has plenty of knowledge for you.
39. Balsam – You first meet Balsam and Yod early on at the Grayridge Mine. It is not until later when your HQ expands that you can go talk to Balsam and ask him to look at the elevator. Back at your Forest Ruins HQ, Yod and Balsam will check out your elevator but determine that they need a pump and will have to take it from Yod. If you remember though from Naineneis, that treasure chest at the Trade Shop had a pump. Go to Naineneis, and tell the Trade Shop owner that the original owner of the pump needs it back – he gladly gives it to you.
Return to Balsam and Yod at your HQ and they will get the Elevator going and both will then join your army (note that it takes 10 days for the elevator to be finished).
40. Yod – Recruited with Balsam, read above.
41. Khemia – Go to Citro Village with the Ritterschild trio (Geschutz, Buchse, and Minen). Khemia seems to have created a decent gun, not perfect but it has potential. Khemia then joins to work further on guns for your company. Also there will be new guns available from your weapon shop at HQ after recruiting Khemia.
42. Nuzhat - Bring Mubal to Salsabil after HQ expands and after you have the lift working. Enter the ‘Residence’ to see that strange woman you saw earlier at the Magedom. This is Nuzhat. She gladly joins and turns the cellar into that same dreambeast room that the Arcane Academy had. You can test it out but you will find the EXP yielded here is quite weak. Still, Nuzhat is recruited and has value in being able to increase magic damage in battle as a support member.
43. Icas – You first meet him at Cynas, flirting with girls. Icas then comes up after you visit Salsabil for the 3rd Empress Consort. After this, there is a request at Forest Ruins HQ detailed ‘Find Somebody‘. Go to the Inn at Salsabil to meet Morrin and Yovel. They are looking for Icas, but he will be hard to find. It is not until a bit later when HQ expands and some new young females join that you can recruit Icas. You need ‘young females’, Selen does not count for example. Marica, Sisuca, Erin, Manaril, Chrodechild and Minen are good choices though. So basically, right after HQ expands and you recruit the latter three. Sent a full group of these females and you will find Icas. Another quest will appear labeled Bring Icas to Me. The Hero has to personally bring Icas to Salsabil. Tell Icas he can join and he will be recruited. Turns out as you go to leave, Morrin is already at HQ with Yovel. As you are out here with those three, an Assassin comes by for Icas. Fend him off (he has about 1000 HP), and he will flee. Yovel and Morrin are now recruited as well.
44. Morrin – Recruited with Icas above.
45. Yovel – Comes with Morrin.
46. Numnu – Rascal Porpos-kin who you first meet at the Entryway of Naineneis, after you return with the Cerulean Flux. Later on you will see an ‘Order Attacks Naineneis‘ request where you will meet the Lonomakua Pirates, and shortly after you will see a ‘Porpos abducted‘ request. The villagers are quiet about it but know that the Porpos is at the Coastal Cave. You have to work your way to the back (all the way north and then the middle spring). Within you will see that Numnu is the abducted Porpos and went willingly. You will fight the Dromon Pirates, a tough yet rewarding battle, and then Numnu will be back at HQ being scolded by the Sea Goddess Ninulneda. Numnu is recruited.
47. Dromon – Dromon is the leader of the Lonomakua Pirates and you will see some scenes with him before you get a chance to recruit him. First, you meet
him after ‘Order attack on Naineneis’ and then again after the Porpos-kin faux abduction (you fight him and his friends after the latter request).
After this, return to the Coastal Cave. At the middle spring that you take, this time it sends you to a third floor. Grab some treasures here like the Godspeed Talisman and the Lazuli Spear, then drop down the hole to level two. You can travel to the back of the cave to find the Lonomakua Pirates. You will chat with them and they wonder why they haven’t built a hideout after all this time. The Porpos-kin then go search Lonomakua to see if anything has changed. Nimni says that a chunk of the Lonomakua Chain Islands disappeared, and then
the party appears back at the end of the Coastal Cave. Dromon, Xebec, and Felecca have the vision too, but Dromon wishes to fight you first before
joining. The battle is the same – hopefully you brought new characters to level up to 31-33, but they must be formidable because the battle is still difficult. Defense Canopy helps a lot as usual. Dromon, Xebec, and Felecca are recruited after this.
48. Felecca – Joins with Dromon.
49. Xebec - Joins with Dromon.
50. Nhazu – Nhazu is first encountered at Tehah Village and through the Ch’olui Mountains. After the HQ upgrades and the west half of the mountain disappears, go to Tehah Village to see Nhazu talking junk about Dogha. But agree to take him up to see Dogha’s hut. Even Dogha has nothing but bad things to say about himself. He has lost his identity without the mountain. Return back to your Headquarters.
A new quest will be up, Search for Nhazu! Sign up and you’ll be at Tehah Village to learn the details. Speak with the townspeople who think Nhazu is up at the mountain. You will then appear at Dogha’s hut, who you should talk to and he eventually gets a lead. Go east of his hut for a ledge which can be used with a rope. Follow the path to see Nhazu in the corner. Talk to him and Dogha and Nhazu will start to remember their past a bit.
Back at Tehah Village you will talk some more, and then head back to Headquarters. Nhazu will beat you to HQ and join.
51. Dogha – Comes to HQ with Nhazu after the above events, but you have to
talk to Dogha, exit, enter HQ and talk to him again to recruit Dogha.
52. Sphiel - The Snow Fairy. She can be recruited after getting Dogha. Sign up for Get Rid of the Snow Fairy, and do not put Dogha in your party. Go to Ch’olui Mountains, towards Dogha’s house. Go northwest of his house to see the Snow Fairy. The Snow Fairy will not be here if you have Dogha. Anyway, she battles you with tough snow magic. Retreat to your base and talk to Dogha. He says to tell her you are full. Return, tell her you are full, and she is recruited.
53. Maybelle – While you are at the Ch’olui Mountains getting Sphiel, you might want to head towards the peak and look for a north route that leads to a
huge statue. This girl here knows about a fight 1000 years ago and this Maybelle was the lover of Ru’ukahthis. Hero runs away at this point.
At HQ, Find my Fated Lover will be available. Sign up and Maybelle comes out to profess her love for Hero. Report on the quest for some potch, and head towards Hero’s room. Once inside, Jale will have to come in and take Maybelle away. Now put Marica in your party (or any young girl) and leave HQ. Maybelle will come by and say something. Say ‘that’s it, I can’t take it anymore’ and the scene will turn to Hero and Maybelle in his room. Have her touch the book and have the vision – she is finally recruited.
54. Nakil – A tricky recruit. It is important to be active using Asad after your HQ expands. Eventually as you enter through the front entrance, Asad will say he has to go off. After a short while (it took 15 days / passed a season for me) Asad will come back with Nakil. This is all you need to do to recruit Nakil.
55. Hafin – After Asad returns from saving Nakil, head to the Mislato River with Asad in your party and you will see a scene with Hafin. He has deserted the Magedom to join your company with Asad and Nakil. Hafin is then recruited. Note that these two recruits can be switched in order, but they both must be finished by the time the desert is here.
56. Diulf – Joins automatically after defending Cragbark from the Order.
57. Servillah – Joins automatically after defending Cragbark from the Order.
58. Lycia – Joins automatically after defending Cragbark from the Order.
59. Gorno – Recruiting Gorno at this point is a slightly risky situation because of the Fanged Silkmoth along the route to Gorno. Gorno is at Mt. Svatgol, and if you don’t take this secret passage in Grayridge Mine, you won’t head there for a long time in the game. But after the HQ expands and you recruit Muro and Balsam, you can begin to make your way to Gorno.
Go to the Grayridge Mine with Muro and two other quality members. Take the ‘lift’ to the ‘lowest floor’. This is only recently accessible to you, and it is where all the tough enemies are. Go west and take the first path south, and continue along south a LONG ways, winding left and right a bit until you reach the stairs. Even in the lower 30′s, your party will struggle here with the Fanged Silkmoths. They can do a sleep-all attack on everyone in your party, one of the few really deadly enemies in the game. Just continue to run from them, it’s not worth the risk. Thankfully you will be fighting other enemies too but they are very weak. It’s a long walk but you will eventually come to Mt Svatgol, along the way in the mine you will find a Moonlight Sword, Uncut Emerald, Emerald Ring, and a Spun Silvr Armr. These are the other good reasons for coming along to get Gorno. Once you get to Mt. Svatgol, go east but look for a south path to find Gorno. With Muro in your party, he will be recruited. You have to walk all the way out as the guards won’t let you go further into Mount Svatgol. Gorno is a support character who raises physical attacks and will sell accessories at the HQ.
Maybe the biggest boon you receive from venturing to Mount Svatgol is that the enemies here will level you up to 40-45! This is a double edged sword however as it will eliminate the difficulty of battles for a while (the ‘challenge’ that is hardly in the game as it is). Still, it’s fun to bring characters through the mine to Svatgol to get them from level 10 or 20 to level 40 in no time.
60. Chein – This is a tricky recruit if you don’t know where to look. You have to put Lycia in your party, and go to Cragbark. Travel directly north of it on the Marsinah Plains and you will come across Chein. This battle can be won, but it doesn’t have to be. Chein is tough so you could lose. Head to Cragbark and the Hse of the King
61. Autar – Autar can be recruited right after recruiting Diulf and the Roar Tribe. Talk to Autar at Cragbark and then ‘Gather Animals!’ will appear at your HQ. To succeed in this quest, you need every character with 80 in the speed and luck department. Leveling them up at the Marsinah Plains would be an easy way to get characters close enough in both categories. Just pick characters that are naturally high in both, especially speed. Luck can be augmented big time with Treasure Swords and Noble Shoes, luck raising gear from Pharamond. After completing ‘Gather Animals!’, report on it and then visit Autar at the Town Square and he will be recruited.
62. Guntram – Popular citizen of Pharamond, he joins automatically as you storm back to take Astrasia.
63. Fredegund – Sister of Chrodechild, joins automatically upon taking Astrasia back from the Order.
64. Ouragan – Assassin who you first meet after finishing the Icas and Morrin events. You have to defeat him in battle, and then he leaves. At this point I went and recruited the Dromon Pirates, and by the time I got back Ouragan was at the HQ talking about Icas. Next go to Naineneis to see a scene with the Assassin again. Return to your HQ and the Assassin will be there, and will ask Hero to show him that Icas is still at your HQ. Hero does so, and Assassin leaves again. After returning from recruiting Diulf and the Roar, then talking to Atrie, leave for Cragbark General Store. The Assassin will be here and talks to you a bit more about his motives for following Icas. He doesn’t seem to care much anymore. At this point I took
Pharamond back over and walked around for maybe 15 days / the next season, and Ouragan was back at the HQ. Turns out he wants to join your company so he can continue his adventures.
65. Luo-Tao – After visiting the Scribes with Liu, Luo-Tao will join automatically.
66. Len-Lien - Joins your company with Luo-Tao.
67. Yula – Yula I believe becomes available after returning from the Scribes’ Village. Bring Chrodechild with and talk to Yula along the way to the Pharamond Castle. Chrodechild will be in a duel with Yula. Use your Basic Falcon and Mega Medicine if you need to. Yula should not be too tough for someone as statistically gifted as Chrodechild. Even better, she’ll gain several levels, all the way to 40 for me. By touching the sword, Yula got a vision. She is then recruited after this. You will want to level her up as she will be needed in the near future.
68. Amaralicht - With Fredegund and or Chrodechild in your party, go to the Pharamond Castle to see Amaralicht and Quillard. Quillard will make a comment about the ‘traitor’ Fredegund, and then run off. You have to go find him now, and Quillard has made his way to the Wilds of Veile. Head northeast past where you encountered the Auster Folk. In the next screen you will see some Order soldiers messing with Quillard – they shouldn’t be too hard for you to mop up. Afterwards, Quillard apologizes and both Quillard and Amaralicht will join your army.
69. Quillard - See Amaralicht above.
70. Lathilda - After returning from the Scribe’s Village, talk to Guntram at the Pharamond Castle. He talks about the Woodsland and has a feeling that some lady from Astrasia now lives there. Take out any Scribes in your party, and put in Chrodechild, Fredegund and Guntram into your party.
Go to the Noslaw Woods, and travel east a few screens (from the south end). You will come across Bosche, a wild guy. He runs off a bit further to show you his beautiful wife Lathilda. The Astrasia people you brought with recognize her and is glad to hear that the Order is no longer in control of Pharamond. They then travel to Pharamond with you to see that it is indeed peaceful. In order to keep it that way, they join your army.
71. Bosche - Joins with his wife Lathilda.
Recruitment note : After returning from Scribe’s Village, go through the east entrance to Giney Valley without Liu in your party. In the next screen you should see a dark shrouded figure, asking about the Elder Scribe. Then she walks off, but it is important to see this event right now. You will then see a request from her labeled ‘I want to see the Elder’. Complete this and then you will see her much later.
72. Mourgent - Make sure Yula and Chrodechild are not in your party, and then go to the Blades of Night’s Veil’s area at HQ (2nd floor, west end). Yula and Chrodechild will be talking about a legendary blademaster named Mourgent. Now take Yula over to Noslaw Woods or Wilds of Veile to level up in the low to mid thirties. Sign up for Request from Gadburg, and you will appear at those strange ruins by Citro Village. Gadburg calls for Mourgent who actually walks right up. Yula has been following your party and challenges Mourgent. Use Basic Falcon and it won’t be a long battle, he has but 500-600 HP. Use a Mega Medicine if you need to. Mourgent is then convinced to join your company by Gadburg and Yula, and he does. Mourgent is an elite swordsman in battle with True Falcon. Good candidate for the Evil-Eye Sword as his magic attack and magic defense are already close to 0 as it is.
73. Elder Rajim – After Luo-Tao begins to work on finding where the Chronicles are, go talk to Moana. She says Elder Rajim is by the back entrance, so go there with Hero and Liu. Rajim touches Liu and gets the vision – he is a starbearer as well it seems. Rajim joins your company.
74. Megion – After the Ch’olui Mountains disappear, travel through the peak and down the rope to that northeast end of Marsinah Plains. Try to enter the ruins, and as you do Megion talks to you.
A bit after returning from the Scribe’s Village you should see a request labeled Return of Megion. Level up Diulf and his crew at the Wilds of Veile or Mt Svatgol to get them in the mid 30′s to make this battle easier. Then go to Cragbark to meet two roar friends of Megion, Eusmil and Nictis. Tigre will mention those Decaved Ruins northeast of Cragbark that you have been to. Rest up and head through the Ch’olui Mountains to get to the Mysterious Ruins.
There are some really tough enemies in these ruins and some really easy ones. Take the southwest route and then north for a Lazuli Rod. Now go back a bit and look for a north route going west. You will meet the three Roars led by Megion up ahead. It is imperative you have those Roar Tribe members of your own leveled up and outfitted nice, because this can be a tough battle. Megion in particular can wreak havoc by upping his attack and taking off upwards of 300 damage without a barrier. The other two are a tad weaker than Megion and really don’t have many powerful abilities (the female will poison you). With some underleveled Roars I managed to win with the group leveling up from 25-26 to 34-35. Hero and Diulf have the group touch the Chronicles to get a vision of the One King. They then decide to fight by Diulf’s side. Eusmil, Nictis and Megion are recruited. Megion is a demon in battle, use him.
75. Nictis – Joins with Megion above.
76. Eusmil – Joins with Megion above.
77. Savina – On the second floor of the Inn at Pharamond, you will find Savina. You have to have Icas in your army, and if she won’t show up at the Inn you may need to rest or go through a plot event to get her to appear. She is looking for her lover Darrow (you’ve met them at Cynas before), but Darrow is stuck in Cynas. Savina will be recruited for now.
78. Lubberkin – Sign up for Atrie’s World after returning from the Scribe’s Village. Report on the quest to learn that your participants saw someone from our own world in another world. Now, to the Grayridge Mine. Hotupa and Hero appear at the Grayridge Gateway to see this scrubby man, who is crying. He leaves and thankfully you appear at the Grayridge town. Go to the Inn and put Logan in your party, and then go down the alley to see that man cowering by a wall. Logan recognizes him as Lubberkin, both miners. Lubberkin is sad the town has fallen to the Order, and he decides to join you and Logan at your company.
79. Namna - Namna is the Porpos-kin you have hopefully been visiting for many bud seasons up until now. After you have defeated the Archivists after they turn into Chronicle Monsters (Dirk being the last), you should be able to get a different dialogue from Namna. Both times I’ve played through this is when Namna would join, right after the Dirk battle at the front end of HQ. Namna usually just checks up on Niera and says it’s time to leave, but at this point Neira should stop Namna from leaving and order Namna to join your company. I visited Namna 8-10 times up until this point, not sure if that influences it but make a habit of visiting Namna every Bud season. Otherwise, if you wait too long the dialogue will never change and you won’t be able to recruit Namna.
80. Hina - At the port area outside of the castle to the west, talk to the Dromon pirates, specifically Xebec. He will spew out several lines about the past of Lonomakua. Speak with him a few times and then go to Moana to see a new request up. Put the Pirate party in and Xebec will recognize the name Hina Aumakua, who has the same blood as the Chief. This quest is a whopping 40 days, so walk around for a while and return to see the pirates have brought Hina back. She may be little but she is a powerful magician and daughter of the Tribal Head Kane Hekili Aumakua.
81. Shams – After the Janam event, go to Salsabil to see things have completely changed. After you talk to Shams and stay at the Inn, he will come by again and tell of what happened and express his desire to join. Shams then joins with the Ancient Covenant Chronicle.
82. Taj - Taj initially comes with Shams as you leave Salsabil, though he does not know what really happened and cannot use the Mark of the Stars. You will fight Dirk with him, and afterwards he will continue to be in your service. However, you have to later go to Shams’ room and talk to Taj there, and it will be time for him to touch the Chronicle and see the truth. Taj is then recruited.
83. Tsaubern - After you have escaped to the castle with Shams and Taj (after defeating Dirk), return back to Salsabil and check out the entire town. After checking each spot, you can try to leave and Tsaubern stops you. He is from Ritterschild but is in a hurry so he leaves, but promises a visit.
Return home to HQ and sign up for ‘Promised Visit’. You will be at the top of your HQ with Tsaubern – turns out he is a rep from Ritterschild. Have him touch the Chronicle and he’ll have those visions of the Magedom. Tsaubern is then recruited.
84. Ramin – Ramin is the Maestro you first come across as you return to Salsabil. Ramin is at the Trade Harbor making music, making everyone mad. Hero chases him off, and then return to HQ to sign up for Discordant Countermeasures which is based in Naineneis. Head to the ‘Street’ to see that same Maestro. Hero can tell that music makes people mad, and he runs Maestro out of there. Go to Cragbark now, the Town Square. Hero won’t let him play music here as the Roar would annihilate Ramin, so Hero drags him out to Marsinah Plains. A battle with Pekklars begins, and everyone is in Fury status. These should be easy to maul and you now know what Ramin does in battle – occassionally provides Fury status upon start of battle. It is less likely than passive Fury Marks but still has some value. Ramin then joins the army.
85. Diadora – Joins automatically after defeating her at the El-Qaral Arcane Academy while looking for a Chronicle with Luo-Tao. Diadora is an elite magician and provides extra scenes at the end of the game if you use her.
86. Misrach - You meet this ‘ruffian’ much earlier in the game, but doesn’t join until after the desert event and immediately after acquiring the Endless Travels Chronicle. Misrach is the leader of the Salsabil Liberation Army, and you fought him during the 3rd Empress Consort mission (and possibly again if you visited that southeast Mislato River area again). Also there was a Salsabil Liberation Army request where you see Misrach too. Anyway, after the battle at the bottom of the Arcane Academy with Diadora, make your way to Salsabil. Go to the royal house to see Misrach. He doesn’t remember fighting you at all since Janam is not around anymore. After returning to Mislato River and then touching a Chronicle, Misrach remembers and has even more reason to join and fight the Order. I was really looking forward to using Misrach but he’s quite mediocre.
87. Nova - After storming the Tower of the Way with Diadora, you will flee and bring Nova along as well. He is passed out but joins automatically after this.
88. Nofret – Once you return with Nova and Diadora from the Tower of the Way, make your way to the El-Qaral ruins, Arcane Academy. As you go down the stairs you will see a new room open to the right at the second to last level. Take this route to meet some bandits led by Nofret. You can fight her by choosing the first option, she isn’t hard.
Go to Salsabil and put Manaril and Shams in your party, then return to Nofret. Nofret trusts that these two are truly royalty. Back at Forest Ruins HQ, there should be a new request to help them dig. Bring strong members – not sure how strong, but your strongest should suffice (check their specific responses to make sure). After succeeding, take your rewards and then put Shams / Manaril back in your party to go visit Nofret. Nofret is recruited after this.
89. Vaslof - Enemy general who turns to the Hero’s side after the failed attack on Fort Arc. Vaslof touches the Chronicle and remembers what happened with Ladzaa Fortress, and joins automatically.
90. Resno - Joins automatically with Vaslof.
91. Gilliam – This is a tough recruit, so read closely. You meet Gilliam at the very beginning when you initially go to Grayridge. After the first failed attack on Fort Arc, go to visit Gilliam at the Grayridge Ch Hall. Valfred is losing the confidence of Grayridge. Ask Gilliam to join, but he can’t yet.
Now please save your game. You have to succeed with flying colors on this upcoming request or else you will not be able to recruit Gilliam. Sign up for ‘Defend Grayridge‘ and send three groups to defeat the sand monsters. Try to load up with strong members, at least over 110+ each and preferably 140+. You need 3 full groups so you might be stretching it a bit, though your army should have sufficient depth at this point for a quest of this nature.
If you succeed completely, you gain 50000 potch. Now there is a semi-complete ending to this too, if you gain 5000 potch and the Order never attacked. This is not the result you want, as you will not be able to recruit Gilliam (at least as far as I know). So, make sure you save and succeed completely with 50000 potch – then go to Grayridge Ch Hall to talk to Gilliam and recruit him.
92. Chief Kashgar - Joins automatically after Ordovic comes.
93. Ordovic - Auster spirit who joins after visiting Lugenik with Vaslof. One of my personal favorites with his high attack power, and really high MP for a front line fighter.
94. Indrik - An Auster oracle who you fight at Lugenik and then joins automatically with the Chief.
95. Diiwica – Another Auster oracle who fights you at Lugenik and then joins automatically with the Chief.
96. Sophia - Joins automatically after finally taking out Dust Sophia at Fort Arc. Another powerful mage.
97. Darrow – Hopefully you recruited Savina from Pharamond Inn (read above). After you storm Fort Arc and take back Sophia, put Savina in your party and head to Fort Arc. Heading from Forest Ruins HQ, go through main street but take the second east passage. Continue east, up the stairs, and after some walking you will run into Darrow. If you brought Savina, she will call out to him and Darrow will join. You do not have to complete ‘Find Darrow’ to recruit him either.
98. Yomi – Put Tsaubern and Yula in your party, and go to Lugenik main street. Some performers are here and they say that they are off to Cynas to perform.
With Tsaubern and Yula still in your party, go towards the Grayridge Ch Hall to see those performers once more. Cynas didn’t like their dances. Ask them to help you, and they will introduce themselves as Yomi and Chihaya. You then recruit them.
99. Chihaya – Joins with Yomi above.
Recruitment note : After Rarohenga appears, go to Scribe’s Village with Liu and talk to Hao-Shi. If you have noticed as you progress, Hao Shi has new things to say to you, and he has more to say. He still will not join, but you will now have to look for a ‘Cleaning up the Woodlands’ request.
100. Tigre – After Rarohenga appears, bring Diulf to Cragbark Town Square. Talk to Tigre and Diulf will convince Tigre to join. He is a decent front line fighter but is adept at being a healer.
101. Keflen – You first can meet Keflen as soon as the desert of Janam appears. You will find him knocked out, and then will venture through these Mysterious Ruins to the west end. Keflen doesn’t remember much, but after Rarohenga appears and you attain the Chronicle of Boundless Amber, talk to Keflen at your HQ. He seems to have remembered some more things and wants to go to those Mysterious Ruins once more.
So go to those Mysterious Ruins just southeast of El-Qaral ruins. Make your way to the back, west end, once more. The Chronicle of Boundless Amber will begin to glow and a strange man appears. Keflen recognizes this man as Belemuel, spirit of the bearer of the Tensyo Star. Keflen gains confidence in his past and decides to fight the One King alongside you and Belemuel. Both Keflen and Belemuel are then recruited.
102. Belemuel – Recruited with Keflen – read above.
103. Kow-Low – You see Kow-Low at the Scribe’s Village (he is the west-most character). After Rarohenga appears and after you see Valfred there, return to your HQ and sign up for Find Someone in Rarohenga.
So go to Rarohenga, and then those Mysterious Ruins in the northwest part of Rarohenga. Within you see that Scribe Man with three Pawn enemies – defeat them and then this Kow-Low guy will follow you. He was reluctant to leave the Woods but had to save a girl.
Continue going east within to find a girl being attacked by a few more pawns. The girl has a way to chase the Pawns off. Her name is Rufa and they both join after this scene.
104. Rufa - Joins with Kow-Low after the ‘Find Someone in Rarohenga’ request. Read above for more details.
105. Enumclaw – If you have been keeping up on requests throughout the game, you have seen ‘Get Rid of Citro Monster’ and ‘Get Rid of Mislato Monster’. After the Mislato one you should have had more dialogue with this Enumclaw fellow who hunts these Formless Demons.
Sign up for ‘Get Rid of Woodland Monster’ which appears after Rarohenga. Make your way to Noslaw Woods and you will see Enumclaw after entering. Enumclaw can sense when the worlds become unstable and a Formless Demon is about to come. Hero will go with Enumclaw and eventually you run across this demon. Fight it for a while and then Enumclaw interferes to send the monster away. Enumclaw afterward admits he is the Teni Star and Hero then recruits Enumclaw.
106. Hao-Shi - As stated in the Recruitment note above, Hao-Shi is the ugly, grouchy Scribe you meet at the village. After certain story events, Hao-Shi will have added dialogue including after Rarohenga appears. Talk to him then, and he’ll still be opposed to leaving the village.
After seeing Valfred at Rarohenga, a bunch of quests open up including ‘Clean up the Woodlands’. The party will appear at Noslaw Woods after signing up for the quest. Beat a few Pawns and then Hero and Liu go to the Woodlands Village. Hao-Shi is still not willing to help until Liu convinces him. Hao Shi will follow you as you defeat some more Pawns, and then the village is safe. Afterwards, Hao Shi can finally be recruited.
107. Zayin – Strange cyborg found at the deepest part of the Rarohenga Mysterious Ruins. You can visit him initially as you enter Rarohenga, but you will have to bring Balsam and Yod. They realize that Zayin is an android like Yod.
Balsam gets Zayin going, and he has a dangerous arsenal of attack magic marks, not to mention a natural back-row regular attack (not that you’d ever use it).
108. Mun-Tsang – She is mentioned in a Recruitment note above, because you need to meet her at Giney Valley (towards the east end) without Liu in your party. ‘I Want to See the Elder’ appears, a request by this strange woman. She sees Liu at Flesaria Forest and is recognized as a banished Scribe.
After searching Rarohenga, put Liu in your party and go through Fort Arc. Mun-Tsang will be recruited here, which should be the last Starbearer for you.